Photo via: mommyhasapottymouth.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Whats your idea of a great way to relax outdoors? To most, it could be as simple as sitting on a comfortable chair with a convenient place for some drinks and snacks If this is one of the things you enjoy doing after a long day or during weekends, then heres a piece of DIY furniture you might want to add to your home! Its a chair bench for two with a table in the middle for your drinks or books. Spend a relaxing weekend lounging on it while you catch up with friends and loved ones.
- Here is one more awesome material for DIY projects ! With a bit of creativity and some skills, you can repurpose old barrels , and make beautiful home accessory or piece of furniture! Coffee Table Cut the barrel into two halves and use as a coffee or a side table. The round glass can be used a
- Cool DIY repurposed wood pallet made into a coffee table with a glass top and a place to display items…
- Wooden crate bookcase! Saw other pins on this and had to do it. Crates from Joanne fabrics, stain and sealer from home depo. Total cost ( not including plants or pots) 110.00. Could have been cheaper if I wanted to be patient and buy the crates individually to make use of their 50%off 1 item coupon. Very happy with the end result. To make it feel like a solid piece, I nailed the crates together.
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- hand wind the bobbin with elastic thread, and the top thread… i never thought of that! duh. cute DIy tee transformation!
- The other day, I came home to find my son with a very guilty look on his face … and when I got into the living room, there were shards of glass all over the floor. Yep—he had destroyed the mirror. How? Who knows? He still hasn’t fessed up. That’s kids for you. Anyway, obviously I have to replace…
- Make your own side table in minutes with this fun idea of turning a wire basket into the perfect piece for your home. Quick and easy DIY anyone can do!
- Tables are crucial part of furnishings. The dimensions and use of tables range. They may be a corner piece beside the bed, or a table to dine on. One of the kinds of tables is the pallet side table. Side tables are smaller tables compared to the standard house tables. They are usually squared shaped …
- If you are tired of spending a fortune on paint for your DIY furniture painting hobby or business, you might be ready to start experimenting with a homemade paint recipe. There are a few different variations of these recipes floating around on the internet, but these are some of the …
- Do you or a family-member or friend have a wine-themed kitchen or bar that needs that extra something? This cork wine bottle wall hanging is for you! Each bottle measures approximately 12.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide (decorative leaves extend to about 5 inches wide), with a depth of approximately 1 inch. They are 100% handmade via an intricate process of cutting, drilling, wiring, pinning, and gluing a variety of recycled wine corks. Bottles are backed with a layer of cork and wired. Naturally lightweight, they are a breeze to get right up on the wall and enjoy! The bottle is adorned with a bunch of grapes made from the natural red color of sliced ends of red wine corks. Two leaves made from sheets of cork and two floral wire coils accent the grapes. When ordering, select top, right, or left placement for the grapes. Bottles with grapes at the right and left may or may not include a ribbon at the neck of the bottle. If you would like a ribbon, choose the option right with ribbon or left with ribbon. If you do not, choose right without ribbon or left without ribbon. (Currently silver ribbon is used on this item. If you would like a different color, please e-mail the shop owner for availability.) Lightweight and a great conversation piece, these bottle wall hangings display beautifully in groups of two or three in a kitchen or bar area. Perfect for wine lovers and wine-themed spaces
- Love mason jar crafts? What better way to celebrate summer than by making a bunch of them? From cute table decor to hanging lanterns to clever and crafty painted creations, these awesome ideas are all awesome for summertime. Complete with easy step by step tutorials, these cool DIY mason jar project