Photo via: hometalk.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Ultimate guide to upcycling with pallets – teaches about different pallet types, gives ideas based on difficulty level, and includes pictures! by Asmodel
- Arm Knitting tutorial. Fastest way to knit a chunky scarf! How to + video!
- How to Create the Most Authentic Chippy Paint Finish – excellent tutorial + video shows how to get this awesome finish using layers of paint and wax. This is an amazing finish! – via Sawdust Girl
- Heres a video tutorial that shows you how to make your own inexpensive DIY outdoor bench using a few cinder blocks and some wood beams.
- Whitewash Recipe Ratios + Turorial… good to know!
- Ultimate Family Guide to Epcot | EPcot | Epcot Tips | Epcot with Babies | Epcot with Toddlers | Epcot with Kids | Epcot Insider Tips | Epcot Hacks | Walt Disney World | Disney World Tips | Disney World Hacks | Disney World Insider Tips | Florida Vacation Tips | Frugal Epcot | Epcot Cheap | What to Do at Epcot | Epcot Rides | Epcot World Showcase | Epcot Future World | Food at Epcot | Epcot Food |
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Beginners Guide to Grilling | How to Grill | Easy Grilling | Grilling Tips | Grilling How-To | Lessons on Grilling | How to BBQ | How to Grill Meat | How to Grill Seafood | How to Grill Vegetables | Grilling Vegetables | Grilling Seafood | Easy Grill Recipe | Grilling with Tin Foil | Charcoal Grilling | How to Clean a Grill | Cleaning a Grill |
- Decorate your Home on a Budget | How To Decorate | Decorating your Home | FREE GUIDE
- Farm houses have a great unique look and feel about them. If you want to bring them into your home follow these tutorials on how to get your home to your dream home with these 12 Fantastic Farmhouse Décor ideas….
- 15 DIY Entryway Bench Projects • Tons of Ideas and Tutorials! Including, from home depot, a great step by step tutorial on how to build this farmhouse bench.
- Update mantels, cabinets, trim, doors, railings, household decor and furniture for beautiful wood-look finishes. Low odor, low mess, easy to follow tutorials and very affordable; less than refacing, replacing or hiring a professional. Have fun showing off your creative DIY skills while enhancing the value of worn out treasured pieces. Tutorials @ www.fauxez.com. Here, Faux EZ gives an old coffee table a deep, rich, beautiful wood look for less than dinner out!