Photo via: amazon.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Cant find the right hairstyle for your hair type and length? Tired of regular old buns and braids? Desperately want to try out something new and never seen before? Dont be afraid to experiment and mix styles! These 14 creative and original ideas will help you liven up your everyday look as well as catch everyones eye at a fancy gathering. Whats best, all of them come with easy to follow step by step instructions which means you dont need to be a style expert to do them.
- Clean water spots and stains from your cloth car seats! Just add equal parts of club soda, white vinegar, and blue dawn dish soap. Mix into a spray bottle and generously spray on seats. Scrub with a scrub brush and then rub with a clean towel or rag! Simple, easy, and cheap!!!!!! by Carols
- Ive searched the web many times trying to find a great DIY for an Earring Holder. The only ones I found were great for Hanging Earrings but not for studs. This was a problem for me, considering that I had a large collection of stud earrings and had no convenient place to keep them. It…
- No boughs of holly here, but our Deck the Halls Wreath is so colorful, fun, and festive, youll never miss them! In fact, this is one wreath thats overflowing with a generous abundance of bright, glitter-sprinkled shatterproof ornaments. So you can deck the party with this wreath without a worry. Also in the mix are rich life-like greenery, red berries, and fanciful pinecones. Carefully constructed for seasons of colorful presentations. A holiday wreath covered with an abundance of colorful, shatterproof ornaments Each ornament is painted in festive holiday colors and sprinkled with glitter Wire frame ensures ornaments stay in place and your wreath holds its shape 4-1/2 center opening
- Gorgeous! A lovely mix of French and rustic country decor 🙂 I would switch out the painting for a mirror, but either way, its beautiful!
- If someone has an area which is empty and needs to be adorned in a unique way, then it is a good idea to copy with the storage box in which anything can be kept to keep covered. This is a simple idea which can be copied easily.
- Whether you need more light or just attempting to create a cozy look for your home, string lights would be the prettiest way to do it. Hang string lights on walls, ceilings, fill a jar with it, a million creative ways for instant cozy mood in your home! Here is a collection of our favorite string li
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- LRDN 27 – LRDN is a construction system design by Jérôme Aich and Aurélien Veyrat for custom-made and self-assembly furniture or interior design. 4 pieces of metal (Y,L,V and I) are designed in order to meet the different needs of a 3D construction. So the assembly of parts can be used for flat surfaces or in 3D with standard wood battens (painted or unpainted, section 27 x 27 mm or 45 x 45 mm). They are delivered flat and then easily manually shaped. A saw and a screwdriver are enough to start
- The recipe: 1/2 cup paint, 1/4 cup food grade DE, 2 TB water. Mix 2 TB water with the DE with a wire whisk until smooth, then whisk that into the paint. (DE=Diatomaceous Earth)
- Love making homemade cookies and treats? Why leave your pets out when you decide to go whip up goodies in the kitchen? With these homemade recipes for pets both cats and dogs can enjoy, you are sure to find some favorites in our list of ideas. Sugar free, grain free and gluten free options for speci