Photo via: overland.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Beach Bench | Do It Yourself Home Projects from Ana White
- It’s often said that if you sincerely want a thing done well the answer is to do it yourself. Simple acts of home improvement are certainly no exception to this rule, and with our easy-to-stick-to examples, we’ll provide you with the perfect tools to pull off the ultimate inside-job. From straightforward tips to ensure the …
- Besides enjoying the joy of DIY, making some interesting projects by yourself will also make your life much easier, such as here’s magnet projects. Magnets are great materials. They are the perfect solution to almost any household problems. From home decorating to keeping things in their place, you can put those magnets into your projects. […]
- I want to make this! DIY Furniture Plan from Ana-White.com Bring the beach to your backyard with this surf board inspired Adirondack Chair for you little one! Features a lower seat, some extra styling, wide armrests, the surf board Adirondack chair is the coolest kids outdoor chair on the deck!
- Looking for the perfect DIY project to transform your home this summer? One of the biggest trends in home décor right now is upcycling reclaimed wood. You can search for wood and reclaim it yourself from abandoned local structures (barns, railroads, etc.), or you can purchase it wholesale…
- DIY Home Decor Ideas for Creative Do It Yourself Rustic and Vintage Furniture and Accessories
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Handmade bathroom shelf with nickel finish towel hooks. A perfect addition to any home bathroom, apartment, or country cottage. Made from solid wood.
- Whats Black, White and Chic all over? A teen bedroom makeover in black and white stripes, polka dots and accents of gold. Create this sophisticated look with bedding, accessories and furniture from HomeGoods. Sponsored Happy By Design Post.
- Need to do this in our new home. Everyone needs this in their laundry room. Perfect for the OCD mommy!
- Make your own side table in minutes with this fun idea of turning a wire basket into the perfect piece for your home. Quick and easy DIY anyone can do!
- Hollester Interiors | Beach House…Love the light.