Photo via: shelterness.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- All of my builds are made from 100% reclaimed material. Why? Because its fun, inexpensive, challenging, and Im a tree-hugger. It just takes a little imagination and some reverse engineering. The traditional build has plans and calls for materials. My builds have materials and call for a plan. This lounge chair is one of those backward builds. I found the chaise cover in my local IKEAs salvage department a few years ago. It took a fair bit of bin digging for compatible pieces, but I found the three that make up my upholstery at a total cost of $3. Nice score, even for a black belt cheapskate like myself. I chose it from the materials stockpile recently and this chaise is what I built to fit it. This is a nice and easy one you should be able to whip up in an afternoon. Negligible finishing is involved. Lets face …
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- Select a corner of your house lawn and construct a sheltered place with pallets. Chairs, tables, sofas can be placed beneath it. During hours of daylight, it will prevent you from sunlight and darkness of night can also be endowed under it. The place can then be used as a study room or even a dining room. The usage of pallets makes the place antique and attracts the visitors.
- Mason jars are one of my favorite things. I’m usually a pretty frugal gal, but put me in an antique store with vintage jars, and I go a bit gaga. There are just so many things you can do with them! These are some of my favorite projects that I’ve found around the internet, rangingKeep Reading
- Here is one more awesome material for DIY projects ! With a bit of creativity and some skills, you can repurpose old barrels , and make beautiful home accessory or piece of furniture! Coffee Table Cut the barrel into two halves and use as a coffee or a side table. The round glass can be used a
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off! These are all great for resale (adding value and character), or if youre simply wanting to make your home feel and look more expensive. Most of these are ideal for older homes that need updating, but quite a few of them also add character and charm to builder grade materials — lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!
- It is a good idea to use the used material like wood pallets when there is a need of making the area in the garden or any other place outside the home plain, so the furniture can be placed to enjoy the weather. We collect the ideas and the images from different sources just to make the individuals able to copy the ideas to save their money as the creativity like getting the garden terrace installed requires too much money and creating it at home can save a huge amount of hard earned money. Have
- Handcrafted from a mix of woods all customized to give you a sturdy bed while not sacrificing a unique look. The headboard is Reclaimed wood that has a natural worn weathered patina making it a warm and unique piece. The Base is crafted from new(sometimes recycled, but cannot consistently keep up with demand) pine/fir wood and then given a multi-step finish to get that weathered grey wash to match/blend with the old. Includes center beam for support on Full, queen, and king sizes. Includes locking slats that give extra sturdiness to the overall bed. Simple assembly required 40 headboard included, extra height on headboard can be added @ $50 per 5 Bed slats are set at 9 from the ground- but can be customized overall dimensions per size Twin- 42-43 wide, 78-79 long, base- 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Full 58 wide, 78 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Queen 64 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall King 80 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall CA King 76 wide, 88 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Shown in 1 picture of a turquoise slate grey customized finish in a Queen size. 3 pictures are of a weathered dark grey finish in King Bed. Made to order- any finish can be customized to fit your room decor/ tastes. You can make note on order for your desired finish, and send pictures if applicable to coordinate with existing furniture. looking for a headboard only here is the listing https://www.etsy.com/listing/449590896/the-michelle-grey-weathered-reclaimed Looking for matching/coordinating nightstands https://www.etsy.com/listing/464884606/raw-reclaimed-recycled-wood-1 You can expect around 6 weeks from order placed to delivery unless otherwise noted on shop page. I ship via fed ex and the bed comes in sections, easy to maneuver through halls/doorways/staircases, and simple assembly required.
- DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored post brought to you by 3MDIY.com. All opinions are my own. Im calling these shelves full-bodied…because frankly, calling anything chunky can be offensive. thingsIlearnedfromtheinternet On a more serious note, is it Christmas right now?! Because somebody has…
- Aiming for some elegant and posh living room or working space? Well, today you are lucky because here is a video that will teach you some easy do-it-yourself decoration that looks high-end. They looked very classy that no one will think that they came from a dollar store. credits:DoItOnaDime Get your materials at Amazon! Frame Lanterns – You will only need 4 5×7 picture frames, glue gun, and some glue. First using hot glue insert the glass and connect them all together in a square shape. In connecting one frame to another, be patient enough to wait
- If you are tired of spending a fortune on paint for your DIY furniture painting hobby or business, you might be ready to start experimenting with a homemade paint recipe. There are a few different variations of these recipes floating around on the internet, but these are some of the …