Photo via: diyready.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Start with Argentine Pearl base. Dry brush Van Dyke Brown glaze and linen or millstone milk paint over the pearl. Finish with HPTC in satin. (Bassett Mirror Hollywood Glam Gold Dakota Two Drawer Chest | A2206EC)
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Tavern Green Dresser Makeover. Painting Furniture With The Old Fashioned Milk Paint. | Thirty Eighth Street
- Using black paint, a glazing medium and a few drops of water, you can create a dark, antiqued effect in the cracks and corners of your piece. Supplies & The Recipe – The first step is to mix your glazing solution. I use equal parts of glazing medium and black …
- Get an unfinished wood dresser. Wipe on some Pitch Black Gel Stain with a rag. Let Dry. Done. (Lang 5-Drawer Chest | Crate & Barrel)
- Handcrafted from a mix of woods all customized to give you a sturdy bed while not sacrificing a unique look. The headboard is Reclaimed wood that has a natural worn weathered patina making it a warm and unique piece. The Base is crafted from new(sometimes recycled, but cannot consistently keep up with demand) pine/fir wood and then given a multi-step finish to get that weathered grey wash to match/blend with the old. Includes center beam for support on Full, queen, and king sizes. Includes locking slats that give extra sturdiness to the overall bed. Simple assembly required 40 headboard included, extra height on headboard can be added @ $50 per 5 Bed slats are set at 9 from the ground- but can be customized overall dimensions per size Twin- 42-43 wide, 78-79 long, base- 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Full 58 wide, 78 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Queen 64 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall King 80 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall CA King 76 wide, 88 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Shown in 1 picture of a turquoise slate grey customized finish in a Queen size. 3 pictures are of a weathered dark grey finish in King Bed. Made to order- any finish can be customized to fit your room decor/ tastes. You can make note on order for your desired finish, and send pictures if applicable to coordinate with existing furniture. looking for a headboard only here is the listing https://www.etsy.com/listing/449590896/the-michelle-grey-weathered-reclaimed Looking for matching/coordinating nightstands https://www.etsy.com/listing/464884606/raw-reclaimed-recycled-wood-1 You can expect around 6 weeks from order placed to delivery unless otherwise noted on shop page. I ship via fed ex and the bed comes in sections, easy to maneuver through halls/doorways/staircases, and simple assembly required.
- Yes – you can paint outdoor furniture with GF Milk Paint!! Sunglow Yellow on that chair. Topcoat is not necessary, but choose Exterior 450 if you want a little more shine. (One Kings Lane – Sunset Cocktail Palette – Hyannis Chaise, Lemon)
- Whats Black, White and Chic all over? A teen bedroom makeover in black and white stripes, polka dots and accents of gold. Create this sophisticated look with bedding, accessories and furniture from HomeGoods. Sponsored Happy By Design Post.
- Who knew?! So many amazing uses for breast milk! Must pin if you plan to breastfeed baby! | New Baby Ideas @fatheaddecals
- The Christmas stuff has been put away, (finally) and every other year I dislike what comes next – the Winter doldrums. Many winter mornings in Central Washington are shrouded with fog, and there is often snow cover which hides any remaining color. The sun only appears for short periods of time, if at all, and the winter blahs descend. This year, well aware of what was about to happen, after Christmas. Its time to find some great items to brighten your whole house!
- If your piano is old and can no longer be used for playing, what can you do with it? Instead of just throwing it away, you can repurpose it as creative furniture for home decoration. Here are some Creative Old Piano Repurposing Ideas which may inspire you. Use your creativity and try one of them.
- DIY Furniture Hacks | Unused Old Dresser Turned Bench | Cool Ideas for Creative Do It Yourself Furniture | Cheap Home Decor Ideas for Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Room, Kitchen – http://diyjoy.com/diy-furniture-hacks