Photo via: treehugger.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Make a set of attractive wooden wall sconces from a single board. Then add LED candles, plants, or other decorations.
- Lumière LED derrière Télévision Led USB-powered behind TV
- Stained pallet boards can add a lot of depth and texture to a small room. Consider appropriate lighting as the wood might feel dark at night.
- DIY Glowing Pallet Bed What’s really fun about using pallets for a bed is that you get some nice open spaces beneath the bed that you can light up with LED light ropes. You could also create some sort of drawer system too for extra storage if you’d rather go that route
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Create a stylish end table or night stand using a $1.00 garage sale bar stool
- Night stand table how awesome is this!
- SnowyBliss: Night Owl Party
- Create an end table or night stand using a $1.00 garage sale bar stool. This is a great repurposing project that is both stylish and functional.
- Might have to try this – Did you know if you draw on a lightbulb, that you can have really cute designs shine on your wall at night.. How adorable for a childs room
- Dresser Makeover. A small version of this would make a great night stand! More
- We have retired 50 of our patterns and we are now offering them in this pattern Ebook. This PDF is 6mb, and 133 pages long. Complete with a Table of Contents to help guide you to the patterns. The last page of this Ebook has Tips and Tricks that we use while creating all of our crochet pieces.