Photo via: uniquejunktique.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Tips on detail painting by hand, including type of brush, paint, bonding agent etc… Very helpful!
- Studded dresser detail
- All painting projects, large or small, require diligent preparation and attention to detail. Taking shortcuts leads to a disappointing paint job that wont last very long. Heres what you should not do on your next painting project.
- And this long island seamlessly complements that vision. Its length accommodates gathering, storage and much of the function of the kitchen in one single move. The architects have carried the clean, minimalist aesthetic to every last detail, taking care to recess even the faucet controls. By stripping this long object of any visual ornamentation, they’ve left multiple functions open to interpretation and whim.
- This paver patio envelopes the pool area and is the foundation for this large outdoor kitchen and outdoor dining area. The sunken eating area creates a lovely separation between the diners and the chef. Or to keep the cook company there is plenty of room for a sitting area near the outdoor kitchen. The custom detail on the patio roof is a luxurious feel that cant be beat.
- PALLET BAR, TIKI BAR, Attention To Detail, Made Like No Other, Comes With Serving Top & 2 Prep Shelves And A Black Powder Coated Steel Foot Rest, These Bars Are Sure To Please & Complement Any Area Of Your Home Or Outdoor Area. MADE FROM NEW PALLETS By A Pallet Manufacturer, Designed For The Construction Industry. 58X18X42. Or We Can Custom Build Any Size. ( We Provide You With A Up To Date Picture Build Process On Your Item To Insure Quality That You Deserve ) EXCLUDES ELECTRICAL OUTLETS & L…
- A fun little DIY for your weekend – grab an old frame and jazz it up with Saltwash! frame pictures DIY weekend
- a piece done by our friends at saltwash – delish, right?
- My first Coastal Inspirations project created with Saltwash for the incredible weathered effect on this buffet for the Fab Furniture Flipping Contest.
- Saltwash candlestick holders ~ saltwater_salvage_designs
- Aubusson Blue with Saltwash under Duck Egg. Sanded aggressively.