Photo via: helpful-kitchen-tips.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Turning an old dresser into a TV stand is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. You get a new TV stand and you get to make use of that old dresser. Missing drawers are no problem. You can just use the space to hold gaming systems, satellite boxes or Blu-Ray players.
- How to Turn an Old Dresser Into a Cool TV Stand
- GREAT step-by-step tutorial on how to turn an old dresser into a TV stand! Total cost: $83!
- Craftsman detailing and an angled garage make this beautiful Ranch home plan a real standout.Sightlines from the large foyer are amazing, going straight back through the huge vaulted great room to the rear patio beyond.The open floor plan unites the kitchen with its extra long island, the dining room and the vaulted great room. The kitchen is 15 by 17 as measured from right wall to wall of pantry and edge of island to front wall.The master suite has its own wing on the left side of the home. A built-in media center lets you watch TV in bed and French doors open to the rear patio. The enormous master walk-in closet has a charming built-in window seat.Each of the two family bedrooms on the opposite side of the home have walk-in closets.Wonderful storage and benches have been built into the back entry off the garage. The laundry room is tucked away and is 9 wide and 13 deep.The larger garage door is 18-wide and 8-high, the smaller one is 10-wide and 8-high.
- Turn antique metal butterflies into pretty magnets with wallpaper and Mod Podge. Use these easy butterfly decorations in your home decor!
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Learn how to turn an old door into a corner door shelf! Great way to reuse an old door and decorate that empty corner. A Great DIY! Corner Shelf maximizes
- Check out the tutorial: DIY Turn an Old Bed Into a Bench crafts
- Take an old dresser and turn it into a foyer bench! Neat DIY project.
- Here are some Repurposed Dresser Ideas that will inspire you to find an old dresser in a thrift shop and turn it into something fabulous and useful.
- Turn an old barstool into a darling side table! Wrap rope around lower foot rests to create a couple shelves!
- How to Antique, Stencil and Frame an Old Bathroom Mirror to Turn it into Art…