Photo via: familyhandyman.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Are you only care about your indoor decor for becoming more beautiful but neglect your pets? Have you ever thought about your pets? Have you ever wondered whether their homes are comfortable for them to live too? No? Then here is your chance. Here we provide some amazing ideas for the design of living spaces […]
- Right Angle Braces – Wood Mag Tip of the Day For each pair, start with a 12″ square of 3⁄4″ Baltic-birch plywood and cut it in half diagonally. Then cut notches for the clamps, above. You can vary sizes to suit larger or smaller projects. The braces help with more than glue-ups. Clamp a pair to a chest, above, to support the lid as you install hinges.
- I thought this day would NEVER come. If there has ever been a post where I wanted to do cartwheels across my front yard from revealing the “after” of a challenging makeover, this would be it. I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. I see a fixer upper project, myRead more
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- Do you have many wonderful photos in your computer where no one can enjoy them? If the answer is yes, why not give some photo gifts to your loved ones this holiday season? Turn your favorite photos into beautiful keepsake that everyone will cherish for years to come. They are a wonderful way to celebrate…Read More »
- MUST DO THIS and paint black, I think its the only way I can get my bookcases as tall and as skinny as I want. I would have to paint my walls first :/
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- 10 Plants for a Mosquito free Yard! If you want to control mosquitos so you can cut down or eliminate using dangerous poisons look no further than nature to do so. As you choose which plants to use, consider…
- Have you ever wondered how to paint fabric? Its super easy and Ive found out how to get a NON-Crunchayyyy texture on painted fabric! This secret
- Have to remember this blog entry for my future kiddos. Chris tried to say we couldnt let our kids play in a sandbox b/c neighborhood animals would make it into a litter box…not if theres a lid on it they wont!
- 1 for sure i changed my mind again i would like to do this and have at my house i would need nails, hammer , saw to cut, and a measurment thingy