Photo via: countryliving.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- It is a good idea to use the used material like wood pallets when there is a need of making the area in the garden or any other place outside the home plain, so the furniture can be placed to enjoy the weather. We collect the ideas and the images from different sources just to make the individuals able to copy the ideas to save their money as the creativity like getting the garden terrace installed requires too much money and creating it at home can save a huge amount of hard earned money. Have
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- It is not necessary to spend a lot of money on the new home when it comes to decorating it and getting the furniture for the daily use. Some people who have the pallets and know how to use them for making the reclaimed wood pallets furniture for the home are lucky, while those who …
- Pallet Bar stools – IndustrialDesignNZ is creative inspiration for us. Get more photo about home decor related with by looking at photos gallery at the bottom of this page. We are want to say thanks if you like to share this post to another people via your facebook, pinterest, google plus or twitter account. Right
- A good idea for the individuals who want a proper place to fix their wine bottles and glasses, it is a unique shelf plan and the bottles can be kept safely without the worry of damage.
- Tips for Living in Small Spaces – There is the need for extra space in every home; irrespective of the size of the home, the ability to maximize space is always welcome. Companies are downsizing the scope of their operations, homeowners are also going down the same path. Moving into a small home from a large home can be quite frustrating. Most people are usually at crossroads on what to bring with them and what to dispose off.
- Having trouble keeping up with your family’s appointments, papers and bills? Want a central space where everyone can get on the same page? You need a family command center! Use these inspirational command center ideas to decide what you need to get your entire family on track. Command Center Ideas to Keep Your Family Organizedread more…
- Many of our customers at Mannequin Madness are makers/crafters who are either buying a mannequin form to help them design their product or they need it to display their product at a craft show. So we have a vested interest in wanting to help them be successful when they exhibit at craft shows. That is why
- Wooden crate bookcase! Saw other pins on this and had to do it. Crates from Joanne fabrics, stain and sealer from home depo. Total cost ( not including plants or pots) 110.00. Could have been cheaper if I wanted to be patient and buy the crates individually to make use of their 50%off 1 item coupon. Very happy with the end result. To make it feel like a solid piece, I nailed the crates together.
- 35 Awesome and Easy DIY Gift Ideas That People Actually Want | pinning for the modpodged letter and the mug!
- Do you love the look of plank walls, but don’t want to commit or can’t install in your rental? Check out this awesome tutorial – the rental-friendly solution for plank walls. The best part? It only cost $8.00!!
- Cant find the right hairstyle for your hair type and length? Tired of regular old buns and braids? Desperately want to try out something new and never seen before? Dont be afraid to experiment and mix styles! These 14 creative and original ideas will help you liven up your everyday look as well as catch everyones eye at a fancy gathering. Whats best, all of them come with easy to follow step by step instructions which means you dont need to be a style expert to do them.