Photo via: dadand.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- 10 paintloss spray paint Im obviously a huge fan of all types of spray paint. However, my personal fave is high gloss spray paint when it comes to coating small accessories or ceramics. The only problem is that not every spray paint color is sold in a high gloss finish. To remedy this inconvenience you can buy whatever color spray paint you want in a flat finish and then get a can of clear gloss. It instantly gives anything a glossy, factory-like finish.
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Heres a video tutorial that shows you how to make your own inexpensive DIY outdoor bench using a few cinder blocks and some wood beams.
- Wooden crate bookcase! Saw other pins on this and had to do it. Crates from Joanne fabrics, stain and sealer from home depo. Total cost ( not including plants or pots) 110.00. Could have been cheaper if I wanted to be patient and buy the crates individually to make use of their 50%off 1 item coupon. Very happy with the end result. To make it feel like a solid piece, I nailed the crates together.
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off! These are all great for resale (adding value and character), or if youre simply wanting to make your home feel and look more expensive. Most of these are ideal for older homes that need updating, but quite a few of them also add character and charm to builder grade materials — lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!
- Whether you are putting up wood paneling, making a wooden crate, or building a piece of furniture out of wood, you may want to have your new wood look old and weathered to add a bit of character and charm to your project. Here are a few tips and tricks to make new wood look old and weathered.
- Frames are SO expensive, but heres an alternative. Use floor moldings. They come primed, just paint whatever color you want.
- Take a ticket stub, plane ticket or whatever to kinkos, have them blow it up, print it on fabric transfer material to make a pillow. This would be so fun for big trips or things done as a couple (honeymoon tix, first concert together, etc)
- 10 Plants for a Mosquito free Yard! If you want to control mosquitos so you can cut down or eliminate using dangerous poisons look no further than nature to do so. As you choose which plants to use, consider…
- 1,151 Likes, 58 Comments – OneBrownBear (@onebrownbear) on Instagram: “When you dont want your kids to play with your dollhouse… Just ensure they have their own 😳😹🏠❤️…”
- How to make your own yarn tassels to put on curtains – or just about anywhere else in your home. These are cheap, easy, and gorgeous!
- Pegboard Organization and Display- Make your own giant pegboard to store office supplies, craft supplies, or cleaning supplies.