Photo via: toftiaxa.gr
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Add water to Elmer’s glue and brush inside of mason jar. Put glitter inside of the jars, and roll/spin the jar around until the glitter coats the sides. Add a tea light after it dries, and voila!
- (great to remember for move-out or in) Place a dishwasher-safe cup filled with plain white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher. Using the hottest water available, run the dishwasher through a cycle. The vinegar will help to wash away the loose, greasy grime, sanitizes, and helps remove the musty odor. Next, sprinkle a cupful of baking soda around the bottom of the tub and run it through a short cycle. The baking soda will help freshen and removing stains…. good to do every 6 mths
- diy doggie bed…perfect comfy area just for Tilly in the living room! Blue pillow and yellow/green strips on the box!
- Very cool table idea! Might be better with a piece of glass on top of the letters.
- Tips on detail painting by hand, including type of brush, paint, bonding agent etc… Very helpful!
- Learn how to use the dry brush technique on painted furniture for a soft, weathered, beachy look!
- If the idea is to build some DIY Bathroom Pallet Projects, youre in the exact right place. Embrace the catalog of what to make with pallets on glamshelf.com
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- Whether you need more light or just attempting to create a cozy look for your home, string lights would be the prettiest way to do it. Hang string lights on walls, ceilings, fill a jar with it, a million creative ways for instant cozy mood in your home! Here is a collection of our favorite string li
- ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• F R E E • S H I P P I N G ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Questions? 800-479-0032 Our wall sconces are beautifully hand-crafted from reclaimed wood, accented with copper bell hangers and finished with beautiful twine glass bottles. Each sconce comes with hardware for hanging and optional flowers to add on and finish the look. ________________________________________ O R D E R I N G // 1) Select how many sconces you would like 2) Select the wood color you would like **Sconces are sold individually, you may add flowers from link below ________________________________________ A D D • F L O W E R S ? // If you would like to add the flowers seen in this picture click here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/289547917/flowers-for-sconces-sold-in-sets-of-2 ________________________________________ D I M E N S I O N S // • Product Size: 6 x 11 • Product Depth: 4 with jar ________________________________________ R U S H • O R D E R S • A V A I L A B L E // Will be to your door step in 2-4 days! https://www.etsy.com/listing/226743527/rush-order-add-on ________________________________________ G I F T • W R A P • A V A I L A B L E // If you would like your order gift wrapped with a gift note: https://www.etsy.com/listing/227911175/gift-wrap-add-on ________________________________________ C O N T A C T • U S // • www.MakariosDecor.com • 800-479-0032 ________________________________________ S E E • A L L • O U R • P R O D U C T S// https://shopmakarios.com/collections/all-products Keywords: Wall Décor, Wall Hangings, mason jar, country decor, mason jar decor, bathroom storage, mason jar sconce, mason jar wall decor, Rustic decor, wall vase, cottage decor, housewarming gift, shabby chic wall decor, rustic wall decor, home decor, wall hanging, wood wall art, metal wall art, wall sconces, wall decor
- Aubusson Blue and a blend of Old White/Pure White Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan on a French style cabinet | By Artsy Chicks Rule