Photo via: designasylumblog.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Kellie Smith, creator of Velvet Finishes, shows just how easy it is to paint furniture! Velvet Finishes is a NO sand, NO wax, NO chalk, EASY to use furniture…
- Paint it Handsome with Velvet Finishes! Handsome aka the perfect navy is our Velvet Finishes April Colour of the Month – save 20% at checkout! DIY Navy Furniture Makeovers
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Update mantels, cabinets, trim, doors, railings, household decor and furniture for beautiful wood-look finishes. Low odor, low mess, easy to follow tutorials and very affordable; less than refacing, replacing or hiring a professional. Have fun showing off your creative DIY skills while enhancing the value of worn out treasured pieces. Tutorials @ www.fauxez.com. Here, Faux EZ gives an old coffee table a deep, rich, beautiful wood look for less than dinner out!
- Expand your furniture portfolio and learn 6 new fabulous furniture finishes: Rustic Farmhouse Finish, Modern Finish, Two Toned Finishes, Dry Brushing, and Crackle in this online furniture painting ecourse is taught by furniture painting expert Allison Griffith of Refunk My Junk. Learn the furniture painting basics, how to paint furniture with chalk paints, how to use furniture wax and tons of Furniture Painting Tips and furniture finish tutorials
- How To Paint Furniture – Learn how to paint furniture with this step-by-step tutorial. Many tips for how to get a smooth finish.
- Balayage Inspired Painted Furniture. Unique and Rustic Furniture Painting Technique Inspired From Balayage Hair Painting. We Went From Full Paint Coverage To Gradual Distressing On This Converted Media Console For A Fun Rustic Look!
- Treat your furniture or walls to a gorgeous whitewash finish with this easy tutorial; all you need is latex paint and water!
- This is super easy! I think I might be addicted to building furniture with pipe!
- Get the free, step-by-step, plans showing you how to DIY a farmhouse bench that is not only beautiful but super easy to build.
- Better than Paint Stripper/DIY Paint Stripper. Let Easy Off sit with Saran Wrap for at least 30 minutes. Then Scrape off. Super cheap and affordable. Ive tested it against name brand paint stripper, and I highly recommend this instead. Use gloves 🙂
- hand wind the bobbin with elastic thread, and the top thread… i never thought of that! duh. cute DIy tee transformation!