Photo via: rockler.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- 10 paintloss spray paint Im obviously a huge fan of all types of spray paint. However, my personal fave is high gloss spray paint when it comes to coating small accessories or ceramics. The only problem is that not every spray paint color is sold in a high gloss finish. To remedy this inconvenience you can buy whatever color spray paint you want in a flat finish and then get a can of clear gloss. It instantly gives anything a glossy, factory-like finish.
- Turning an old dresser into a TV stand is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. You get a new TV stand and you get to make use of that old dresser. Missing drawers are no problem. You can just use the space to hold gaming systems, satellite boxes or Blu-Ray players.
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!
- DIY Toilet Paper Holder with Shelf // Use this clever and functional toilet paper holder to keep small handy bathroom accessories or to create attractive displays. 15+ toilet paper ideas and diys. love the versatility of some of these.
- I am not a carpenter and this was my first attempt….you may want to put some slots in the solid wood panel under your bed. This will reduce the chances of your mattress going mouldy. Or just air your mattress outside occasional. I work in a bed shop and mouldy mattresses can happen quite quickly with moisture and heat.
- LRDN 27 – LRDN is a construction system design by Jérôme Aich and Aurélien Veyrat for custom-made and self-assembly furniture or interior design. 4 pieces of metal (Y,L,V and I) are designed in order to meet the different needs of a 3D construction. So the assembly of parts can be used for flat surfaces or in 3D with standard wood battens (painted or unpainted, section 27 x 27 mm or 45 x 45 mm). They are delivered flat and then easily manually shaped. A saw and a screwdriver are enough to start
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- If youre no big fan of salad-in-a-bag (or even if you are) and want a healthier, homemade alternative, there are plenty of ways to store lettuce for days—even weeks at a time, but this tip from the folks at Generation X Finance isnt just how to store lettuce, but how to keep a whole, seasoned, tasty salad fresh in the fridge for a whole week, ready to portion out whenever you get hungry.
- Completed in 2015 in Greater London, United Kingdom. Images by Studio Alexander Fehre. Move out of the City of London? Not if you apply the concept of bespoke tailoring to where you live. A flat only 15 minutes from Tower Bridge has…
- Woah! Check out this cool pallet TV stand complete with a back lighting for a cool vibe in your media or living room. | Pallet Media Console – DIY TV Stand | 101 Pallet Ideas
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- For a less expensive and faster upgrade simply change out the hardware on your existing TV stand or media console.