Photo via: loveandrenovations.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Sign up for our newsletter and receive more festive feline content! The holidays are a time to treat your friends and family—but dont forget the furry ones! This year gift your kitty the purrrfect present: a DIY catnip sock toy. All youll need is catnip, a sock and a paper towel roll. Place the roll in the sock, fill with catnip and tie the end. Its so easy and cute! Brought to you by Petcentric, a Purina brand & your trusted source for helpful tips & fun pet facts.
- Curtain rods are so expensive – especially if you have large windows! This post will walk you through exactly how to make your own gorgeous, modern DIY conduit curtain rods for less than $30 for two giant windows!
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- All of the advice for a long-lasting paint job on woodwork also applies to windows, but windows present a few unique challenges. Theres the glass to avoid slopping on, as well as all sorts of hardware and weather stripping. Window paint is subjected to large temperature fluctuations and moisture from condensation. And, windows have to move freely when youre all done. In this article, well show you tips on how to get the best paint job on windows with the least amount of time and effort.
- Need some cool new decor ideas for your bedroom and living room? Try these incredible DIY end tables to add accent to your bed or sofa. Brilliant ideas you can easily make, these step by step project tutorials show you exactly how easy it is to make some amazing furniture. 1. DIY Pedestal Clock End
- How To Make A Slot Together Pyramid Planter http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/wtop Pyramid planters are great for growing various plants especially if you don’t have a lot of space in your garden or yard. It’s very easy and cheap to make as it’s made from recycled pallet timbers. All you need is an hour and a half and some basic woodworking skills.
- These free and easy DIY plans show you exactly how to build a beautiful X-brace console table for under $40. Whammy!
- Like I mentioned in my introductory post, I furnished the entire dollhouse with things I found around my own house. Junk, recyclables, scraps and other random pieces. Here are the details. It’s weird, but I found the kitchen the most difficult room to furnish. Weird because all the shapes are so boxy! Should be easy, …
- The perfect workbench for any garage or shop! It is inexpensive and easy to build, has a 2 ft extension for added work space and it has casters allowing it to be tucked away when its not in use. It also has a tons of room to store all of your tools! Roll it around with you while you work, lock in to place and roll in back against the wall when you are done! Free plans at www.shanty-2-chic.com
- post contains affiliate links; thanks for supporting Boxy Colonial! Dave is here to tell us how he made the farmhouse table. He has a lot to say and show about it. My finger hurts from editing all the pictures. Not even kidding. If you want to make a farmhouse table, you won’t find a tutorial more thorough than this one! … Continue reading →