Photo via: babyfirstblog.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- The recipe: 1/2 cup paint, 1/4 cup food grade DE, 2 TB water. Mix 2 TB water with the DE with a wire whisk until smooth, then whisk that into the paint. (DE=Diatomaceous Earth)
- DIY Slow Cooker Dog Food – 1/4 Cup Twice a day with sprinkle of dry food for Chella. 1/2 Cup twice a day for Sammy.
- Mix Elmers glue with food coloring and paint it on to any glass to make it look like seaglass when dry
- Clean water spots and stains from your cloth car seats! Just add equal parts of club soda, white vinegar, and blue dawn dish soap. Mix into a spray bottle and generously spray on seats. Scrub with a scrub brush and then rub with a clean towel or rag! Simple, easy, and cheap!!!!!! by Carols
- ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• F R E E • S H I P P I N G ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Questions? 800-479-0032 Our wall sconces are beautifully hand-crafted from reclaimed wood, accented with copper bell hangers and finished with beautiful twine glass bottles. Each sconce comes with hardware for hanging and optional flowers to add on and finish the look. ________________________________________ O R D E R I N G // 1) Select how many sconces you would like 2) Select the wood color you would like **Sconces are sold individually, you may add flowers from link below ________________________________________ A D D • F L O W E R S ? // If you would like to add the flowers seen in this picture click here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/289547917/flowers-for-sconces-sold-in-sets-of-2 ________________________________________ D I M E N S I O N S // • Product Size: 6 x 11 • Product Depth: 4 with jar ________________________________________ R U S H • O R D E R S • A V A I L A B L E // Will be to your door step in 2-4 days! https://www.etsy.com/listing/226743527/rush-order-add-on ________________________________________ G I F T • W R A P • A V A I L A B L E // If you would like your order gift wrapped with a gift note: https://www.etsy.com/listing/227911175/gift-wrap-add-on ________________________________________ C O N T A C T • U S // • www.MakariosDecor.com • 800-479-0032 ________________________________________ S E E • A L L • O U R • P R O D U C T S// https://shopmakarios.com/collections/all-products Keywords: Wall Décor, Wall Hangings, mason jar, country decor, mason jar decor, bathroom storage, mason jar sconce, mason jar wall decor, Rustic decor, wall vase, cottage decor, housewarming gift, shabby chic wall decor, rustic wall decor, home decor, wall hanging, wood wall art, metal wall art, wall sconces, wall decor
- Good instructions and pictures for how to create a tree stump table – let stump dry out for 1 month and treat with Timbor if it has bugs
- Crafted of pine wood and black steel pipes. The black steel pipes come in a natural grey color as shown in the picture or can be painted with an oil-rubbed bronze finish while the pine wood shelf is stained with a Provincial finish (other stains available, see last photo for options). Items are handmade upon ordering, so the piece you purchase may have slight variations from the photographed item. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your piece to be created. This coat rack measures 6” tall and 30” wide. Hardware included to hang into wall stud or drywall. (4 screws and 4 wall anchors) A drill is required if installing with the anchors. Custom sizing is available. *Color stain can be customized, see color chart in picture 3 for options…just put your color choice in a message. *Shelf shown is in Provincial stain in pictures 1 and 2. *Please note all wood has its own uniqueness and imperfections. *Ships assembled along with screws for wall mounting.
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- Beautiful burlap wreath that can be displayed any time of year. Made of teal, grey chevron print on cream, and natural burlap. Burlap is seamed on edges and will not fray. High quality wreath hand made. Initial of your choice painted cream in Rochester font. Faux jute cream bow adds the special finishing touch. Wreath measures approximately 22 in diameter. Perfect size for door or to hang inside for interior decoration. This wreath should be placed in covered area where it can be protected from sunlight and harsh outside weather. Like to send as a gift? Just let me know at checkout and I will be happy to include a special note from you! Wreath is made to order and hand made … will vary ever so slightly from picture shown. If you would like smaller size please convo me for special pricing. The wreath pictured is 22 and perfect for exterior door! Thank you
- (great to remember for move-out or in) Place a dishwasher-safe cup filled with plain white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher. Using the hottest water available, run the dishwasher through a cycle. The vinegar will help to wash away the loose, greasy grime, sanitizes, and helps remove the musty odor. Next, sprinkle a cupful of baking soda around the bottom of the tub and run it through a short cycle. The baking soda will help freshen and removing stains…. good to do every 6 mths
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!