Photo via: Uploaded by user
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- All of my builds are made from 100% reclaimed material. Why? Because its fun, inexpensive, challenging, and Im a tree-hugger. It just takes a little imagination and some reverse engineering. The traditional build has plans and calls for materials. My builds have materials and call for a plan. This lounge chair is one of those backward builds. I found the chaise cover in my local IKEAs salvage department a few years ago. It took a fair bit of bin digging for compatible pieces, but I found the three that make up my upholstery at a total cost of $3. Nice score, even for a black belt cheapskate like myself. I chose it from the materials stockpile recently and this chaise is what I built to fit it. This is a nice and easy one you should be able to whip up in an afternoon. Negligible finishing is involved. Lets face …
- Whats your idea of a great way to relax outdoors? To most, it could be as simple as sitting on a comfortable chair with a convenient place for some drinks and snacks If this is one of the things you enjoy doing after a long day or during weekends, then heres a piece of DIY furniture you might want to add to your home! Its a chair bench for two with a table in the middle for your drinks or books. Spend a relaxing weekend lounging on it while you catch up with friends and loved ones.
- Craftsman detailing and an angled garage make this beautiful Ranch home plan a real standout.Sightlines from the large foyer are amazing, going straight back through the huge vaulted great room to the rear patio beyond.The open floor plan unites the kitchen with its extra long island, the dining room and the vaulted great room. The kitchen is 15 by 17 as measured from right wall to wall of pantry and edge of island to front wall.The master suite has its own wing on the left side of the home. A built-in media center lets you watch TV in bed and French doors open to the rear patio. The enormous master walk-in closet has a charming built-in window seat.Each of the two family bedrooms on the opposite side of the home have walk-in closets.Wonderful storage and benches have been built into the back entry off the garage. The laundry room is tucked away and is 9 wide and 13 deep.The larger garage door is 18-wide and 8-high, the smaller one is 10-wide and 8-high.
- Handcrafted from a mix of woods all customized to give you a sturdy bed while not sacrificing a unique look. The headboard is Reclaimed wood that has a natural worn weathered patina making it a warm and unique piece. The Base is crafted from new(sometimes recycled, but cannot consistently keep up with demand) pine/fir wood and then given a multi-step finish to get that weathered grey wash to match/blend with the old. Includes center beam for support on Full, queen, and king sizes. Includes locking slats that give extra sturdiness to the overall bed. Simple assembly required 40 headboard included, extra height on headboard can be added @ $50 per 5 Bed slats are set at 9 from the ground- but can be customized overall dimensions per size Twin- 42-43 wide, 78-79 long, base- 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Full 58 wide, 78 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Queen 64 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall King 80 wide, 84 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall CA King 76 wide, 88 long, base 11 tall, headboard 40 tall Shown in 1 picture of a turquoise slate grey customized finish in a Queen size. 3 pictures are of a weathered dark grey finish in King Bed. Made to order- any finish can be customized to fit your room decor/ tastes. You can make note on order for your desired finish, and send pictures if applicable to coordinate with existing furniture. looking for a headboard only here is the listing https://www.etsy.com/listing/449590896/the-michelle-grey-weathered-reclaimed Looking for matching/coordinating nightstands https://www.etsy.com/listing/464884606/raw-reclaimed-recycled-wood-1 You can expect around 6 weeks from order placed to delivery unless otherwise noted on shop page. I ship via fed ex and the bed comes in sections, easy to maneuver through halls/doorways/staircases, and simple assembly required.
- Yes – you can paint outdoor furniture with GF Milk Paint!! Sunglow Yellow on that chair. Topcoat is not necessary, but choose Exterior 450 if you want a little more shine. (One Kings Lane – Sunset Cocktail Palette – Hyannis Chaise, Lemon)
- I want to make this! DIY Furniture Plan from Ana-White.com Build cedar planters for less than $20! Free easy step by step plans from Ana-White.com
- Do you or a family-member or friend have a wine-themed kitchen or bar that needs that extra something? This cork wine bottle wall hanging is for you! Each bottle measures approximately 12.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide (decorative leaves extend to about 5 inches wide), with a depth of approximately 1 inch. They are 100% handmade via an intricate process of cutting, drilling, wiring, pinning, and gluing a variety of recycled wine corks. Bottles are backed with a layer of cork and wired. Naturally lightweight, they are a breeze to get right up on the wall and enjoy! The bottle is adorned with a bunch of grapes made from the natural red color of sliced ends of red wine corks. Two leaves made from sheets of cork and two floral wire coils accent the grapes. When ordering, select top, right, or left placement for the grapes. Bottles with grapes at the right and left may or may not include a ribbon at the neck of the bottle. If you would like a ribbon, choose the option right with ribbon or left with ribbon. If you do not, choose right without ribbon or left without ribbon. (Currently silver ribbon is used on this item. If you would like a different color, please e-mail the shop owner for availability.) Lightweight and a great conversation piece, these bottle wall hangings display beautifully in groups of two or three in a kitchen or bar area. Perfect for wine lovers and wine-themed spaces
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off! These are all great for resale (adding value and character), or if youre simply wanting to make your home feel and look more expensive. Most of these are ideal for older homes that need updating, but quite a few of them also add character and charm to builder grade materials — lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!
- Let me show you How to Recover a Dining Room Chair with this simple tutorial. No special tools or skills required! You can make a huge difference in your home with this easy seat cover DIY project! via @jencarrollva