Photo via: Uploaded by user
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- Whats your idea of a great way to relax outdoors? To most, it could be as simple as sitting on a comfortable chair with a convenient place for some drinks and snacks If this is one of the things you enjoy doing after a long day or during weekends, then heres a piece of DIY furniture you might want to add to your home! Its a chair bench for two with a table in the middle for your drinks or books. Spend a relaxing weekend lounging on it while you catch up with friends and loved ones.
- I want to make this! DIY Furniture Plan from Ana-White.com Build cedar planters for less than $20! Free easy step by step plans from Ana-White.com
- Do you or a family-member or friend have a wine-themed kitchen or bar that needs that extra something? This cork wine bottle wall hanging is for you! Each bottle measures approximately 12.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide (decorative leaves extend to about 5 inches wide), with a depth of approximately 1 inch. They are 100% handmade via an intricate process of cutting, drilling, wiring, pinning, and gluing a variety of recycled wine corks. Bottles are backed with a layer of cork and wired. Naturally lightweight, they are a breeze to get right up on the wall and enjoy! The bottle is adorned with a bunch of grapes made from the natural red color of sliced ends of red wine corks. Two leaves made from sheets of cork and two floral wire coils accent the grapes. When ordering, select top, right, or left placement for the grapes. Bottles with grapes at the right and left may or may not include a ribbon at the neck of the bottle. If you would like a ribbon, choose the option right with ribbon or left with ribbon. If you do not, choose right without ribbon or left without ribbon. (Currently silver ribbon is used on this item. If you would like a different color, please e-mail the shop owner for availability.) Lightweight and a great conversation piece, these bottle wall hangings display beautifully in groups of two or three in a kitchen or bar area. Perfect for wine lovers and wine-themed spaces
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off! These are all great for resale (adding value and character), or if youre simply wanting to make your home feel and look more expensive. Most of these are ideal for older homes that need updating, but quite a few of them also add character and charm to builder grade materials — lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!
- Let me show you How to Recover a Dining Room Chair with this simple tutorial. No special tools or skills required! You can make a huge difference in your home with this easy seat cover DIY project! via @jencarrollva
- Spice up your home’s outdoor with some insanely genius wood pallets furniture. Old pallets are very cheap material, and you can find them easily and for free. Once you find them, you can turn the old pallets into functional and attractive furniture for your garden, backyard and patio. There are so many creative ideas about […]
- Crafted of pine wood and black steel pipes. The black steel pipes come in a natural grey color as shown in the picture or can be painted with an oil-rubbed bronze finish while the pine wood shelf is stained with a Provincial finish (other stains available, see last photo for options). Items are handmade upon ordering, so the piece you purchase may have slight variations from the photographed item. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your piece to be created. This coat rack measures 6” tall and 30” wide. Hardware included to hang into wall stud or drywall. (4 screws and 4 wall anchors) A drill is required if installing with the anchors. Custom sizing is available. *Color stain can be customized, see color chart in picture 3 for options…just put your color choice in a message. *Shelf shown is in Provincial stain in pictures 1 and 2. *Please note all wood has its own uniqueness and imperfections. *Ships assembled along with screws for wall mounting.
- No boughs of holly here, but our Deck the Halls Wreath is so colorful, fun, and festive, youll never miss them! In fact, this is one wreath thats overflowing with a generous abundance of bright, glitter-sprinkled shatterproof ornaments. So you can deck the party with this wreath without a worry. Also in the mix are rich life-like greenery, red berries, and fanciful pinecones. Carefully constructed for seasons of colorful presentations. A holiday wreath covered with an abundance of colorful, shatterproof ornaments Each ornament is painted in festive holiday colors and sprinkled with glitter Wire frame ensures ornaments stay in place and your wreath holds its shape 4-1/2 center opening
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!