Photo via: homebunch.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- 19 Must Haves for Your Next Beach Trip | Beach Hacks | Beach Vacation | Beach Tips | Florida Vacation | Babies at the Beach | Kids at the Beach | Family Beach Trip | Traveling Tips | Beach Travel Tips | Beach Vacation Tips | Traveling with Babies | Traveling with Kids |
- Beach Bench | Do It Yourself Home Projects from Ana White
- The Best Beach Hacks Around: Save time, money and energy with these great tips and summer hacks to make your beach trip the most fun ever!
- I want to make this! DIY Furniture Plan from Ana-White.com Bring the beach to your backyard with this surf board inspired Adirondack Chair for you little one! Features a lower seat, some extra styling, wide armrests, the surf board Adirondack chair is the coolest kids outdoor chair on the deck!
- Painted Upholstery – The Process Revealed (Tutorial) « Hyphen Interiors
- Small Nightstand Designs That Fit In Tiny Bedrooms | DIY BED LIGHT
- DIY pendant light | how to make a light pendant | fringe light pendant | update boob lights | simple DIY light fixture | DIY flushmount fixture | boho light fixture
- Gorgeous statement piece, a perfect boho, modern touch in your interior decoration. The skull is realistic and light weight. This listing includes: 1 Polyresin skull planter Measurements: 18 cm L × 12.5 cm W × 11 cm W Material: Polyresin Around 5 to 6 succulents fit in this Skull Planter. These are handmade skulls, they may slightly differ from one another. PLANTS NOT INCLUDED Wholesale availability: We do offer wholesale discounts. please inquire with specific item details. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING!!!!!
- Beach Wedding necklace. Gorgeous bridesmaid by KitschyKooDesign
- 75 Reclaimed Lumber projects, curated by Funky Junk Interiors on HomeTalk DIHworkshop
- 9 Neutral Interiors That Are Anything But Ordinary