Photo via: iamahomemaker.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- AMAZING IDEA! No tools needed! Hate your BOOB LIGHTS? Me too. This popular, super easy DIY can be done in 5 MINUTES!!! GREAT DIY lighting update from heatherednest.com
- How to: Vintage map window frame (mantle or wall decor). Easy to do. Look for a Rand McNally wall map poster on Amazon. I found one for $6. I dabbed with coffee and distressed with sand paper (220 grit). I found an old greenhouse frame for free. I painted it with homemade Chalk Paint and distressed it. I used a staple gun on the back to piece together. Easy and cheap!
- Everyone loves the mason jar… creating lighting with a mason jar is a hot decorating trend that crosses from modern to rustic décor. It’s inexpensive, creative and versatile. Check out these great mason jar lighting ideas to set your small home apart with style. This is a pretty simple project with plain mason …
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- DIY pendant light | how to make a light pendant | fringe light pendant | update boob lights | simple DIY light fixture | DIY flushmount fixture | boho light fixture
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.
- If you havent checked out @homedecormomma yet, heres your chance! Her post for MyDecorMonday stopped us in our tracks so we wanted to share this amazing pic with as many people as possible. Thanks @myfarmhousefaded for letting me co-host this week. It was a blast!
- DIY Cloud Lights | DIY Outdoor Lantern Ideas | Beautifully illuminate your backyard with these 21 handmade outdoor lantern.
- Even if your lease ends in 6 months, theres still no excuse to live in a space you dont love. Heres how to decorate a rental to make it feel like home.
- Heres a video tutorial that shows you how to make your own inexpensive DIY outdoor bench using a few cinder blocks and some wood beams.
- Infographic on veggies you can grow again Have you tried doing any of these, what was the result? Share this infographic on your site.
- How to Build a Simple, Humane Mouse Trap Out of an Old Soda Bottle