Photo via: whitetapestry.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!
- Yep, you read that title right! I completely transformed the look of my countertops for only SIX DOLLARS!! How, you ask? Well, first a little background… (This may get a little lengthy, but you really have to read the whole thing to understand the victory I felt when I came up this idea. So bear…
- The best thing about a burlap wreath is that it can adorn your home throughout the year – it never goes out of style! If you don’t have money to remodel your entryway, don’t fret.
- Do you or a family-member or friend have a wine-themed kitchen or bar that needs that extra something? This cork wine bottle wall hanging is for you! Each bottle measures approximately 12.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide (decorative leaves extend to about 5 inches wide), with a depth of approximately 1 inch. They are 100% handmade via an intricate process of cutting, drilling, wiring, pinning, and gluing a variety of recycled wine corks. Bottles are backed with a layer of cork and wired. Naturally lightweight, they are a breeze to get right up on the wall and enjoy! The bottle is adorned with a bunch of grapes made from the natural red color of sliced ends of red wine corks. Two leaves made from sheets of cork and two floral wire coils accent the grapes. When ordering, select top, right, or left placement for the grapes. Bottles with grapes at the right and left may or may not include a ribbon at the neck of the bottle. If you would like a ribbon, choose the option right with ribbon or left with ribbon. If you do not, choose right without ribbon or left without ribbon. (Currently silver ribbon is used on this item. If you would like a different color, please e-mail the shop owner for availability.) Lightweight and a great conversation piece, these bottle wall hangings display beautifully in groups of two or three in a kitchen or bar area. Perfect for wine lovers and wine-themed spaces
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Crafted of pine wood and black steel pipes. The black steel pipes come in a natural grey color as shown in the picture or can be painted with an oil-rubbed bronze finish while the pine wood shelf is stained with a Provincial finish (other stains available, see last photo for options). Items are handmade upon ordering, so the piece you purchase may have slight variations from the photographed item. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your piece to be created. This coat rack measures 6” tall and 30” wide. Hardware included to hang into wall stud or drywall. (4 screws and 4 wall anchors) A drill is required if installing with the anchors. Custom sizing is available. *Color stain can be customized, see color chart in picture 3 for options…just put your color choice in a message. *Shelf shown is in Provincial stain in pictures 1 and 2. *Please note all wood has its own uniqueness and imperfections. *Ships assembled along with screws for wall mounting.
- Even if youve got an abundance of side tables, it can be nice to have a place to hold your drink immediately at-hand. Francois et Mois striped wooden drink perch fits neatly over the arm of your sofa, and is a great project for first-time woodworkers (there are detailed instructions on her site).
- 9 Incredible Ways to Use Cereal Boxes to Organize Yeah too bad I buy my cereal in bags ONLY
- Wooden crate bookcase! Saw other pins on this and had to do it. Crates from Joanne fabrics, stain and sealer from home depo. Total cost ( not including plants or pots) 110.00. Could have been cheaper if I wanted to be patient and buy the crates individually to make use of their 50%off 1 item coupon. Very happy with the end result. To make it feel like a solid piece, I nailed the crates together.
- Cute idea to hang an old window, then add a wooden awning and flowerbox. It would look great on the side of a shed or garage! Www.rehouseny.com for salvaged wood and windows
- The Christmas stuff has been put away, (finally) and every other year I dislike what comes next – the Winter doldrums. Many winter mornings in Central Washington are shrouded with fog, and there is often snow cover which hides any remaining color. The sun only appears for short periods of time, if at all, and the winter blahs descend. This year, well aware of what was about to happen, after Christmas. Its time to find some great items to brighten your whole house!
- Beautiful burlap wreath that can be displayed any time of year. Made of teal, grey chevron print on cream, and natural burlap. Burlap is seamed on edges and will not fray. High quality wreath hand made. Initial of your choice painted cream in Rochester font. Faux jute cream bow adds the special finishing touch. Wreath measures approximately 22 in diameter. Perfect size for door or to hang inside for interior decoration. This wreath should be placed in covered area where it can be protected from sunlight and harsh outside weather. Like to send as a gift? Just let me know at checkout and I will be happy to include a special note from you! Wreath is made to order and hand made … will vary ever so slightly from picture shown. If you would like smaller size please convo me for special pricing. The wreath pictured is 22 and perfect for exterior door! Thank you