Photo via: abranchofholly.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Gorgeous DIY Mason Jar ideas using flowers. These beautiful flower arrangements make a great centrepiece at a wedding or a simple floral display in your home for Spring or any other time of the year. Use clear or blue mason jars as vases and fill with stunning flowers. Keep it simple and elegant or get creative and make something more elaborate.
- Looking for some awesome DIY room decor ideas for teen girls? Do you want to decorate, redecorate, reinvent, and revamp your room so it reflects your personality and style? Want to make your room cooler with more creative colors, fun crafts and impressive art work you made yourself? Start with these cool pompom rugs, fun …
- 3 DIY Farmhouse bench Give your outdoors a touch of modern yet stylish look with this farmhouse bench. Find out more by clicking here. I have recommendation for you hopefully you might find useful. This has been mine most useful discovery in ages. My detergents used to have leakages and it was …
- Our second featured Color for the Month of June is our faded neutral gray, Grain Sack. . This color was inspired by the faded color of nubby antique grain sacks. . Its a bit of a chameleon color, as it can lean more gray or white depending on its surroundings. . Share your Grain Sack masterpieces with us all month long by tagging us at @mmsmilkpaint and using our hashtags, mmsmp, mmsmilkpaint, and grainsack!
- 50 Stunning Ideas for a Teen Girl’s Bedroom More
- Thrift Store China Cabinet Makeover. Give your old cabinet a new shabby chic look with some paint and hardwares!
- Update mantels, cabinets, trim, doors, railings, household decor and furniture for beautiful wood-look finishes. Low odor, low mess, easy to follow tutorials and very affordable; less than refacing, replacing or hiring a professional. Have fun showing off your creative DIY skills while enhancing the value of worn out treasured pieces. Tutorials @ www.fauxez.com. Here, Faux EZ gives an old coffee table a deep, rich, beautiful wood look for less than dinner out!
- How to give your kitchen cabinets a custom look.
- Whether you need more light or just attempting to create a cozy look for your home, string lights would be the prettiest way to do it. Hang string lights on walls, ceilings, fill a jar with it, a million creative ways for instant cozy mood in your home! Here is a collection of our favorite string li
- Marble Art | Cool DIY Projects for Teen Girls Bedrooms More
- Gorgeous Under Stair Storage look Charleston Transitional Staircase Image Ideas with built-in storage closet closet organizers hidden storage pull-out shelves pull-out storage secret closet stair