Photo via: etsy.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Whats your idea of a great way to relax outdoors? To most, it could be as simple as sitting on a comfortable chair with a convenient place for some drinks and snacks If this is one of the things you enjoy doing after a long day or during weekends, then heres a piece of DIY furniture you might want to add to your home! Its a chair bench for two with a table in the middle for your drinks or books. Spend a relaxing weekend lounging on it while you catch up with friends and loved ones.
- Looking for an easy and inexpensive way to dress up your old furniture or upgrade the look of indoor space? If yes, then how about adding some decorative molding to home? Decorating with molding is a fabulous idea that will have a plain space to get a polished look. Moreover, molding and trim can make […]
- Learn how to make these cute and simple DIY frame shelves! Such a great way to reuse old frames or to dress up frames.
- The simplest outdoor bench ever! You can make this fairly cheap, if you dont already have the materials left over from other projects, and the best part is you can take it apart and reuse the materials for other things!
- The simplest outdoor bench ever! You can make this fairly cheap, if you dont already have the materials left over from other projects, and the best part is you can take it apart and reuse the materials for other things! Grab the bull DIY http://www.ehow.com/how_4797077_simple-outdoor-bench.html?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=freestyle&utm_campaign=fanpage
- Kitchen Island or table, made from upcycled recycled wooden crates. Nice idea for a craft room. LOVE this!!! Now if someone could only tell me where the hey diddle diddle to get wooden crates and pallets cheap, Id be set! lol
- Good instructions and pictures for how to create a tree stump table – let stump dry out for 1 month and treat with Timbor if it has bugs
- post contains affiliate links; thanks for supporting Boxy Colonial! Dave is here to tell us how he made the farmhouse table. He has a lot to say and show about it. My finger hurts from editing all the pictures. Not even kidding. If you want to make a farmhouse table, you won’t find a tutorial more thorough than this one! … Continue reading →
- If you have a small porch, deck, or balcony…welcome to the club. My front porch is literally 6 feet by 6 feet… but I’m determined to make it a welcoming space. And you can make your small porch wonderful too, with these small porch decorating ideas and design tips… Not to mention the inspirational photos! …
- The following project and photos first appeared at NewYorkRenovator.com. It’s a good project if you have ferals, sorta-ferals (semi-wild cats who won’t come indoors, but will sleep in your basement or garage), or inconsiderate neighbors who leave their cats outside in horrible weather. The resulting house is insulated and cozy, and it costs about $40 …
- Beautiful Things Come Together One Stitch at a Time Vinyl Wall Decal Words Vinyl Decal Color Chart Choices Please select your color choice from the drop down menu before adding the design to your cart. To review the color options please click on the colors thumbnail chart to enlarge. Vinyl Decal Product Details • High quality non glare matte vinyl • Easy to apply and removable • Not reusable after removed from surface Vinyl Decal Installation You will be provided with an instruction sheet along with your order and a small sample vinyl decal design to practice with. Whether this is your very first time using a vinyl decal or you are a seasoned pro, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any installation questions. Made To Order Every decal is Made to Order once purchased. This means that we will cut your design in the color you have chosen. If you forget to specify a color choice, you will be able to contact me by e-mail. Depending on how many orders are needing to be processed, it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days for your order to be cut and shipped out. We do our best to get your orders completed proficiently and as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your new design. may cause slight damage upon removal from some surfaces requiring paint touch-ups. may not adhere to painted surfaces with Teflon, stain guard or VOC paints that have been used.