Photo via: ext.homedepot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- A small laundry room can be a challenge to keep organized and functional, yet since this space is constantly in use, we have some inspiring design ideas.
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- This is a tutorial for building your own custom storage shelving to attach to the side of your bathroom vanity. The idea is to contain toilet paper and oth
- Gorgeous DIY Mason Jar ideas using flowers. These beautiful flower arrangements make a great centrepiece at a wedding or a simple floral display in your home for Spring or any other time of the year. Use clear or blue mason jars as vases and fill with stunning flowers. Keep it simple and elegant or get creative and make something more elaborate.
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Spice up your home’s outdoor with some insanely genius wood pallets furniture. Old pallets are very cheap material, and you can find them easily and for free. Once you find them, you can turn the old pallets into functional and attractive furniture for your garden, backyard and patio. There are so many creative ideas about […]
- 10 paintloss spray paint Im obviously a huge fan of all types of spray paint. However, my personal fave is high gloss spray paint when it comes to coating small accessories or ceramics. The only problem is that not every spray paint color is sold in a high gloss finish. To remedy this inconvenience you can buy whatever color spray paint you want in a flat finish and then get a can of clear gloss. It instantly gives anything a glossy, factory-like finish.
- 3D Functional Bathroom Tiles – These tiles let you transform a small bathroom space into an interactive, multi-functional place with secret compartments, hidden functions, magnetic surfaces, built-in gadgets and more.
- Ive searched the web many times trying to find a great DIY for an Earring Holder. The only ones I found were great for Hanging Earrings but not for studs. This was a problem for me, considering that I had a large collection of stud earrings and had no convenient place to keep them. It…
- Having trouble keeping up with your family’s appointments, papers and bills? Want a central space where everyone can get on the same page? You need a family command center! Use these inspirational command center ideas to decide what you need to get your entire family on track. Command Center Ideas to Keep Your Family Organizedread more…
- Love making homemade cookies and treats? Why leave your pets out when you decide to go whip up goodies in the kitchen? With these homemade recipes for pets both cats and dogs can enjoy, you are sure to find some favorites in our list of ideas. Sugar free, grain free and gluten free options for speci
- Love this for small world and displays