Photo via: confessionsofaserialdiyer.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- If you want to give a low-budget makeover to any part of your home, then we suggested you should try spray painting which has become a new trend in home-remodeling. Spray painting is an easy, cheap and fast way to make those existing home items go from plain to fabulous. Either you want to give […]
- Were all looking for natural products for our home and body. Why not make your own DIY beauty products? Weve found 28 great items that you can make now!
- A list of some of the best home remodeling ideas if youre on a budget, and want easy and quick updates that really pay off! These are all great for resale (adding value and character), or if youre simply wanting to make your home feel and look more expensive. Most of these are ideal for older homes that need updating, but quite a few of them also add character and charm to builder grade materials — lots of before and after photos to get you inspired!
- Industrial Pipes and Wooden Shelves are the perfect marriage when it comes to Farmhouse Shelving. When you visit Cherished Bliss you will find the DIY so you too can build these Industrial Shelves. I am sure these would look pretty fabulous in your Farmhouse Bathroom or just about any other room in your home. Enjoy!
- Looking for an easy and inexpensive way to dress up your old furniture or upgrade the look of indoor space? If yes, then how about adding some decorative molding to home? Decorating with molding is a fabulous idea that will have a plain space to get a polished look. Moreover, molding and trim can make […]
- Cant find the right hairstyle for your hair type and length? Tired of regular old buns and braids? Desperately want to try out something new and never seen before? Dont be afraid to experiment and mix styles! These 14 creative and original ideas will help you liven up your everyday look as well as catch everyones eye at a fancy gathering. Whats best, all of them come with easy to follow step by step instructions which means you dont need to be a style expert to do them.
- Expand your furniture portfolio and learn 6 new fabulous furniture finishes: Rustic Farmhouse Finish, Modern Finish, Two Toned Finishes, Dry Brushing, and Crackle in this online furniture painting ecourse is taught by furniture painting expert Allison Griffith of Refunk My Junk. Learn the furniture painting basics, how to paint furniture with chalk paints, how to use furniture wax and tons of Furniture Painting Tips and furniture finish tutorials
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- Farm houses have a great unique look and feel about them. If you want to bring them into your home follow these tutorials on how to get your home to your dream home with these 12 Fantastic Farmhouse Décor ideas….
- I want to make this! DIY Furniture Plan from Ana-White.com Bring the beach to your backyard with this surf board inspired Adirondack Chair for you little one! Features a lower seat, some extra styling, wide armrests, the surf board Adirondack chair is the coolest kids outdoor chair on the deck!
- Are there many old pieces of furniture in your home?Are you reluctant to throw them for many years of feelings? In fact, you can do something to help them find their new life. Yes, you can repurpose these old staff. You can do some simple additions or alterations to make them have a different capacity. […]
- 10 Amazing Farmhouse inspired organization and storage ideas ! 10 inspirational projects to round up the mess and clutter in your home and exude that signature farmhouse style! farmhouse style, farmhouse organization, farmhouse decor farmhouse diy, farmhouse round up