Photo via: bhg.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- hand wind the bobbin with elastic thread, and the top thread… i never thought of that! duh. cute DIy tee transformation!
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- How to Create the Most Authentic Chippy Paint Finish – excellent tutorial + video shows how to get this awesome finish using layers of paint and wax. This is an amazing finish! – via Sawdust Girl
- Artist Matt Brown used epoxy to fix the gaps in the wood for his shelves. I love Surfing and carving wood. This makes sense to me, beautifully done.
- Clear drop curtains added to your porch extend the usability of your porch into the winter months.
- Navy Blue Sunbrella drop curtains with clear vinyl panels to let in the warmth of the sun in the winter!
- Spray paint out of an aerosol can actually act differently than latex paint out of a can. Here are some tips to getting better results with spray painting your furniture. Plan on a Clear Coat With Larger Surfaces – Spray paint can produce an even finish when painting surfaces like chairs and smaller
- This is a tutorial for building your own custom storage shelving to attach to the side of your bathroom vanity. The idea is to contain toilet paper and oth
- Make the most of your furnishings by repurposing pieces into custom creations that look good and work hard. With these simple, affordable ideas, youll be able to transform your ordinary furniture into fresh finds for your home.
- This paver patio envelopes the pool area and is the foundation for this large outdoor kitchen and outdoor dining area. The sunken eating area creates a lovely separation between the diners and the chef. Or to keep the cook company there is plenty of room for a sitting area near the outdoor kitchen. The custom detail on the patio roof is a luxurious feel that cant be beat.
- Gorgeous DIY Mason Jar ideas using flowers. These beautiful flower arrangements make a great centrepiece at a wedding or a simple floral display in your home for Spring or any other time of the year. Use clear or blue mason jars as vases and fill with stunning flowers. Keep it simple and elegant or get creative and make something more elaborate.
- Speedy Roller Cleaner: The Rejuv-a-Roller is so easy to use that we don’t mind cleaning roller covers. Instead of buying cheap roller covers and throwing them away, we can buy top-quality covers and reuse them. Here’s how it works: Slip the roller cover into the tube and plug the end. Then connect the hose to a faucet and turn on the water. When the water runs clear from the bottom holes, the roller is clean. If you own a roller spinner, you can speed up drying and fluff the roller nap by giving