Photo via: thecreativepatch.blogspot.ca
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- All of my builds are made from 100% reclaimed material. Why? Because its fun, inexpensive, challenging, and Im a tree-hugger. It just takes a little imagination and some reverse engineering. The traditional build has plans and calls for materials. My builds have materials and call for a plan. This lounge chair is one of those backward builds. I found the chaise cover in my local IKEAs salvage department a few years ago. It took a fair bit of bin digging for compatible pieces, but I found the three that make up my upholstery at a total cost of $3. Nice score, even for a black belt cheapskate like myself. I chose it from the materials stockpile recently and this chaise is what I built to fit it. This is a nice and easy one you should be able to whip up in an afternoon. Negligible finishing is involved. Lets face …
- (great to remember for move-out or in) Place a dishwasher-safe cup filled with plain white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher. Using the hottest water available, run the dishwasher through a cycle. The vinegar will help to wash away the loose, greasy grime, sanitizes, and helps remove the musty odor. Next, sprinkle a cupful of baking soda around the bottom of the tub and run it through a short cycle. The baking soda will help freshen and removing stains…. good to do every 6 mths
- This is the worlds smallest working aquarium, which holds just two tea spoons of water. The miniature wonder, which is made of glass and measures just 30 mm. wide by 24 mm. high and 14 mm. deep, can be held in the palm of your hand. It is so small there is only room for these tiny zebra fish.
- Aiming for some elegant and posh living room or working space? Well, today you are lucky because here is a video that will teach you some easy do-it-yourself decoration that looks high-end. They looked very classy that no one will think that they came from a dollar store. credits:DoItOnaDime Get your materials at Amazon! Frame Lanterns – You will only need 4 5×7 picture frames, glue gun, and some glue. First using hot glue insert the glass and connect them all together in a square shape. In connecting one frame to another, be patient enough to wait
- Glitter makes everything more fun, including indoor gardening — plus, these mini pots are perfect for decorating small shelves or desks. Simply coat the pot in decoupage medium followed by glitter to create a glamorous look. Once the planter is dry, fill it with a tiny houseplant./
- Our upstairs hallway bath is one of the first major remodel projects I want to tackle down the road. Eventually I hope to add a shower and make it more functional as a kids bath. But for now, I changed out the mirror, and painted over the horrid gold color that was on the wall with some navy paint I actually had left over from our apartment in the city. The bathroom is pretty small, but it was also completely empty, so I decided it needed a little dresser, but since this room is used…
- Here at TBD, decorating on a budget is what we do, and you can’t ask for more in “budget” ideas than a dollar! We love the idea of dollar store decorating, but we were skeptical. There is a lot of stuff out there that just seems a little too cutesy for our taste… and the …
- DIY Slow Cooker Dog Food – 1/4 Cup Twice a day with sprinkle of dry food for Chella. 1/2 Cup twice a day for Sammy.
- Just finished painting a new set of sea shells. In green this time. I will eventually list my shells in my Etsy shop (link in bio). Will announce it here soon. . These make great little gifts. Some friends suggested theyd be great as Christmas ornaments
- The recipe: 1/2 cup paint, 1/4 cup food grade DE, 2 TB water. Mix 2 TB water with the DE with a wire whisk until smooth, then whisk that into the paint. (DE=Diatomaceous Earth)
- Cant find the right hairstyle for your hair type and length? Tired of regular old buns and braids? Desperately want to try out something new and never seen before? Dont be afraid to experiment and mix styles! These 14 creative and original ideas will help you liven up your everyday look as well as catch everyones eye at a fancy gathering. Whats best, all of them come with easy to follow step by step instructions which means you dont need to be a style expert to do them.