Photo via: diyshareable.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Farm houses have a great unique look and feel about them. If you want to bring them into your home follow these tutorials on how to get your home to your dream home with these 12 Fantastic Farmhouse Décor ideas….
- And here we have shared 25 decor projects from wood that you can make out these re purposed wood and enjoy a rustic feel in your dwelling. Wooden wall decor
- Wall art is one of those beautiful things that can totally transform a room. As much as I love creating my own art, I also love decorating my walls with professional abstract art and prints. Im always searching for affordable, unique pieces for my home and whatever space Im decorating.
- Do you love the farmhouse look, but lack a large budget for decorating? For less than $20, you can build this rustic farmhouse bench DIY style. Step-by-step pla…
- Christmas Farmhouse Dining Room Space, DIY Ana White harvest Table, Rustic Farmhouse Table www.theruggedrooster.com
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- If you love pallet furniture, then youll want to check out my DIY Pallet Outdoor Dining Table. This is a simple weekend project using an oversized pallet. via @KleinworthCo
- Rustic X Console plans – @Allison j.d.m Harris – You know how you had that brilliant idea for my living room layout where I use a console to separate the new couch from the dining area? What do you think of this? And would you help me build it? (Dont worry… it will be a lonnnnng while) 😛
- A former Fixer Upper client reveals what it’s really like to have Chip and Joanna Gaines renovate your home. Here, the dining room table is farmhouse beautiful!
- Wood Feature Accent Wall Ideas Using Flooring – From farmhouse mud rooms to kitchens… and even used as headboards… there are so many amazing ways to add texture and interest with flooring, that you wont be walking on!
- Love this idea for a lamp! Build this DIY Rustic Corbel Light Sconce for about $25! Such a creative idea for a bedroom lamp but perfect for so many spots in your home. Free plans and how-to video at www.shanty-2-chic.com Farmhouse light, sconce light, rustic corbel light, lamp idea!
- This paver patio envelopes the pool area and is the foundation for this large outdoor kitchen and outdoor dining area. The sunken eating area creates a lovely separation between the diners and the chef. Or to keep the cook company there is plenty of room for a sitting area near the outdoor kitchen. The custom detail on the patio roof is a luxurious feel that cant be beat.