Photo via: thecraftingchicks.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Funny pictures about 25 Amazing Beds Will Make You Wish It Was Nap Time. Oh, and cool pics about 25 Amazing Beds Will Make You Wish It Was Nap Time. Also, 25 Amazing Beds Will Make You Wish It Was Nap Time photos.
- Saltwash is a a powder paint additive that creates a unique weathered look. Simply add Saltwash to any paint to create a mixture. Apply to any piece of furniture or surface to create an authentic time worn look as if weathered from years on the coast! Directions: Mix the Saltwash powder using the included scoop, to any paint of your choice. The Saltwash to paint ratio can be based on 20oz – 25oz of Saltwash to one quart of paint, for desired effect. This amount can be increased or decreased depending on the amount of paint you choose to use. *Comes in a beachy reusable Tin * Included: How – To-Quick Start Guide and 2 oz measuring scoop Step 1 Apply heavily all over in a “glob” like technique. You will notice the heavy Saltwash texture, this is good and will add to the look you want to achieve. When the Saltwash layer is half way dry and still tacky, wipe softly with a paint brush, using light paint strokes in a back and forth motion to slightly smooth down the Saltwash. These strokes should only lightly smooth out the Saltwash layer leaving the heavy “globbed” texture more even and only slightly smoother. If the Saltwash layer becomes to dry to smooth down, simply dampen the paint brush with water and resmooth. If you need more texture, simply reapply the Saltwash. Step 2 Once the Saltwash layer is completely dry, apply your top coat of paint. No Saltwash will be added to this topcoat of paint in this step. Reapply this topcoat of paint as desired. Step 3 Once your paint is totally dry, a light sanding to your final piece of furniture will bring out the underlayer details of the Saltwash and give it the multi layered and the “years aged on the salty coast” look and feel you want! Tips Use differing paint colors for the Saltwash coat and final coat to give contrast and really show the layers of paint. Using a higher gloss or Satin finsih for the final coat adds to an authentic look as if it was salvaged from an old beach cottage… back when oil and lead paints were used 😉 Try multiple layers of Saltwash to add more interest. A light coat of wax in a brown tone will add to an authentic vintage look.
- How to remove set-in grease and oil stains from clothes, even if theyve already been washed and dried. This laundry hack will save those shirts that you were ready to throw away.
- Were all looking for natural products for our home and body. Why not make your own DIY beauty products? Weve found 28 great items that you can make now!
- Tutorial: Dollhouse Charcoal Grill – You could also make Christmas Ornament for the family Chef. Just add tiny holly and berries!
- We were asked to make a headboard using wood from pallets. Our Customer sent us a pic they found online of a headboard that had random colors which is where our…
- I love this little DIY so much, and think it turned out pretty well. It is relatively easy to create, the most difficult part of this project is patience! Believe me, patience is important otherwise your tray will FALL APART the second you pick it up. You must, must, must leave it for at least a day (or two) to dry. The glue is strong, but not unless you let it cure for a few days. I had to redo the attachment process two times, so just be sure to let it dry once everything is perfectly attached, and do not attempt to lift the tray by the handles (they are decorative mostly). Another great thing is how few supplies you need to actually create this. You dont have to spend a lot of money upfront to make this DIY, I think I spent about 20-30 dollars total. If you have old drawer pulls that you can paint, or already have a strong glue or a tile, you can spend even less. So lets get to it!
- Diary of a Preppy Mom: DIY Dollhouse Furniture on the Cheap! Cool ideas on how to make your own doll furniture
- Here at TBD, decorating on a budget is what we do, and you can’t ask for more in “budget” ideas than a dollar! We love the idea of dollar store decorating, but we were skeptical. There is a lot of stuff out there that just seems a little too cutesy for our taste… and the …
- Home Decor – 25 DIY Furniture Hacks that will make you think: Why didn’t I think of that?
- 25 DIY Furniture Ideas – that will make you think…why didnt I think of that!?! SO many great ideas that will leave you inspired to start…
- How to Make a Doll Bookcase